Intense 20-minute Aerobatics Experience in the Stunt Plane
Duration: 50 minutes
An intense aerobatics experience you will remember for the rest of your life!
Get a taste of the Red Bull Air Race right here in Sydney and experience aerobatics at their most extreme in the Red Baron Extra Aircraft Stunt Plane. Fly with Red Baron for Exclusive Access to the only EXTREME Extra 330LX Stunt plane in Australia. Boasting top speeds over 400 km/h, a climb rate of over 2500 feet per minute and a staggering roll rate of 420 degrees per second.
You’ll start with some basic manoeuvres- like loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammerhead turns- to get the feel of things. Your pilot may also treat you to some inverted flight- flying upside down! Your pilot will explain each manoeuvre as you go through it.
Once you’re comfortable with the basics, hold on tight as the pilot shows you what this aircraft is really capable of! You’ll experience a sequence of manoeuvres that will test your, and the aircraft’s limits!
Experience maneuvers such as; Loops, barrel rolls, wingovers, hammerhead turns, inverted flight, roll, cuban eights and MORE!
Upon your arrival at Red Baron Hangar, you will be checked in by one of our friendly flight hosts. While you are getting ready any accompanying friends and family will relax in our comfortable flight lounge, enjoying complimentary tea & coffee . When ready for departure you will climb into a pilots flight-suit and prepare to board. Once you complete your one-on-one pre-flight briefing your pilot will strap you securely into the cockpit and fasten your headset.
There will be plenty of time for your family and friends to take photographs of you as you prepare for your flight. When you are secure, your pilot will prepare the plane for take-off. You’ll be able to hear all the calls to air traffic control and speak to your pilot through the intercom.
Once airborne you’ll head west towards the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. Over St Mary’s you’ll climb to 3500ft-4000ft. This flight is not for the faint-hearted! You’ll experience G forces of anywhere between +8G and -2G, alternatively being pushed into your seat or pulled hard against your harness. The large bubble canopy will give you unrivalled, uninterrupted views of the surrounding landscape. This is an intense aerobatic experience! After you’ve had your fill of neck numbing, adrenaline flooding aerial ballet you’ll head back to Bankstown. Landing back at Red Baron HQ you’ll be hard-pressed to stop smiling for the rest of the day and we trust it is an experience you will fondly remember for the rest of your life.
- Experience time: 50 minutes
- Flight time: 20 minutes
- Access to the Red Baron Flight lounge
- Free tea and coffee available for you and accompanying Family/Friends
- Get suited up in a Pilots Flight uniform (flight suit)
- One-on-one flight briefing with your pilot
- Photo opportunities with the aircraft & friends/family
- EXTREME Aerobatics Views of Western Sydney and the Great Dividing Ranges
- Flights can be tailored to suit your comfort level; however, the following restrictions do apply: Maximum weight is 110 kg and Maximum height 190 cm
- Please avoid greasy foods and carbonated drinks before your flight. For best results with motion sickness, we recommend a light meal 1-2 hours before your flight.
- If you have any existing medical conditions that may affect your fitness to fly we recommend consulting a doctor before commencing the experience.
- You must wear suitable footwear for this experience. Please wear CLOSED-IN shoes like trainers, hiking shoes or boots. Thongs, sandals and Crocs are not suitable.
- Wear comfortable clothing, if it’s warm, wear shorts as you will be wearing a flight suit over the top of your clothes.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hair tie for long hair are recommended.
- Friends/family are welcome to accompany you to the airport. We have a comfortable flight lounge where they can relax while you are having the time of your life in the sky!
- You will have plenty of opportunities to take photos with the aircraft and our friendly flight hosts are more than happy to assist you in getting group photos together!